Wondering how to maximize your chances of meeting the one….read this!
It seems as if meeting people these days has become virtually non-existent. People just don’t seem to want to make connections anymore, particularly singles. Whatever happened to meeting someone out and about at the local neighborhood café or at a get together hosted by one of your friends. It seems as if we leave school and forget how to speak to people! We become like kids at a high school dance with the boys on one side of the room and the girls on the other!
One thing I’ve observed is that singles tend to look in the wrong places for a quality mate. If you’re looking for a quality mate, bars, clubs, and happy hours may not be for you. It’s not to say you can’t meet someone there but it’s just that your chances are slim to none that he or she will end up being the one you take home to meet the parents. The truth is that many people that go to these places, particularly men, aren’t really looking for long term mates, rather to “hang out” and if they’re lucky, have a “one night stand” with an unsuspecting woman.
Now while we’re on the subject of questionable places to meet men, let’s talk about the most obvious including online dating, churches and the gym. Well, the truth is these places can be a hit or miss when it comes to finding someone. Of course, by now everyone knows someone who met on match.com or eharmony.com and yet they also know plenty of others who haven’t met anyone significant online and have yet to find that person. Churches and gyms are decent places to meet someone but you need to develop consistency because the singles that frequent these places tend to spot the ones that drop in on special occasion like Christmas or New Year’s and then you never see them again.
So you may wonder if I can’t meet him or her in a bar and my chances may be slim dating online then which places do you suggest would increase my chances of meeting the right person? Great question! There are actually plenty of great places to meet people. I’ve listed a few below but please keep in mind this list is not an all-inclusive list. Based on some of the ideas on this list, you may come up with some of your own to add as well. This list is just to get you started thinking in the right direction.
Top 5 Quality Places to Meet Men
1. Volunteer activities (e.g. usher, greeter, etc.) – This is a great way to meet men because they’re at your mercy to help them. No matter how you look (although you should still look polished and professional!) they need your help. If you maintain a warm and friendly presence while answering their questions or giving them instructions, they will remember that and hopefully chat with you later after your shift is over! You may not have been someone they would have normally spoken to but because you’ve helped them get where they’re going, you have earned a star in their eyes.
2. Sports/fitness events – Okay, this is obvious but it bears repeating. There is no single other best way to meeting men than through sports and fitness events. Men love games and anything that has any form of competition in it is sure to be a winner in their eyes. You certainly don’t have to be an athlete to get involved in these type of events, just someone who loves to watch a game periodically and/or stay healthy and fit.
3. Business networking/entrepreneurial events – Whenever there is money to be made, men are sure to be there. Any type of networking events can lead to future business deals and eventually money which attracts men to these types of events in the first place. This can also be business/entrepreneurial classes or seminars where there is a potential to make money or even more money.
4. Political events – Men love power. Plain and simple. Wherever there is a chance to gain more power and respect, men are sure to follow. There is no better way to earn more power and respect than politics. Whoever controls or can influence business and eventually the money flow usually is in a position of power. Politics offers such an opportunity and that is why men are drawn to politics (like bees to honey!).
5. Financial wealth building events – As I’ve noted before, whenever money is involved, you will find lots of men. Very rarely do I find lots of women at a financial type seminar unless of course it’s aimed primarily at women. Usually, these types of seminars attract men from every age and income bracket. Women tend to shy away from these types of events, but if you do decide to attend them, there is always the potential that the guy sitting next to you could be the next Donald Trump (without the hair of course!).
Top 5 Quality Places to Meet Women
1. Schools/Colleges/Education oriented events – Statistics show there are more women enrolling in colleges/universities than men which is good news for you guys who are looking to meet quality women. There are plenty of single, quality women enrolled in all sorts of classes from business to psychology. Now just in case you’re over your college years, keep in mind there are plenty of older women who have decided to go back to school to earn their master’s degree or quite simply to make a career transition. Any type of event related to education will draw masses of women to it because education has a nurturing quality to it conducive to women.
2. Single’s Events – Interestingly enough, more women than men attend these events. Men often shy away from these events because there is an underlying tone of meeting “the one”. But it’s really unfortunate because there are so many great, quality women who attend these events. If you’re a man reading this, this should definitely be one of your many options to finding a plethora of single women who fit your preferences.
3. Charities/Philanthropic/Missionary activities – There is a strong nurturing quality to helping the less fortunate that attracts women by the numbers. Sure, there are men who attend these events as well but there will always be more women than men. If you’re interested in doing charity/missionary work, then this will be a great place for you to meet that special women. And the good news is that if you do find a mate at one of these events, you’ll have found someone very giving and nurturing which can be the start of a great relationship.
4. Hospitals or Health and Wellness events – Absolutely! Think about that cute nurse that helped you when you were sick and thought you weren’t going to make it (even though she knew you were fine but just needed a little TLC!). Well, look no further than to places that care for the sick and wounded. Just think about it. These are usually women who have to exude caring and nurturing qualities 24/7 because their jobs depend on it. If hospitals scare you, then try attending health oriented events which draw lots of different types of people to them who are interested in health and wellness.
5. Church or Religious Events – I mentioned churches in my opening statements but it should be mentioned again because of its relative importance. Churches or religious activities are places where women feel free to be emotional and caring and allows them to express their true feminine qualities. This is the reason there are usually more women in attendance than men (of course this is relative to the particular denomination you choose!). Now, as I’ve said earlier, you can’t just go one time and score a date. You have to show that you at least go periodically in order to attract these type of women. It’s a plus if you also participate and volunteer in various church community events as well (which will help you to meet more women!). Overall, this is still a great place to meet a variety of women and one that a man who is interested in meeting single women shouldn’t miss!
In general, like attracts like. If you hang out at a bar hoping to meet the one, but only end up with drunks or people who don’t have your best interests at heart, then now you know why. But even if I’ve convinced you to check out any of the places I’ve mentioned above to meet people, you’ll still have to show some interest in those places. For example, if you don’t like politics, then please don’t go to political events looking for a man or you won’t feel very comfortable. Similarly, if you’re not into charities or philanthropy work, then don’t show up at a Red Cross event primarily hoping to meet your next wife or you may feel totally out of place and still not have met her. Listen, singles are everywhere but in order to find a great mate, you’ll need to target your efforts more closely to activities and places in which you’re interested and that are geared towards quality people. And once you start to focus your efforts, I can guarantee you’ll start seeing the results.
Thanks for reading!